Saturday, February 12, 2011

The 4 Best Kept Secrets To My Success


Written by Jack Canfield Wednesday, 28 July 2010 11:55
Jack Canfield Secrets to SuccessPeople often ask me to share with them the basis of my own success.  I think the secrets to my success have been four-fold.
First, I have always listened to my inner guidance. I listened to what I was interested in and pursued it with all of my heart and soul. I was always willing to let go of where I was-literally and figuratively- in order to follow my dreams. By the time I was 39 I had lived in nine states, attended three universities, built three businesses, taken more than 100 workshops, read over 1,00 books, and listened to more audio programs than I can count. I have always been a voracious learner, and by honoring my desire to increase my own self-awareness, I also discovered ways to help others be more successful in every area of their lives.
Second, I was willing to work hard. Because I was passionate about my work. I worked long hours, approached every task with excellence, and devoted myself to never-ending improvement in every area of my work and my life.
Third, I learned early on that life is a team sport. I always surrounded myself with partners, co-authors, and great staff with whom I shared generously.
Fourth, I have always sincerely cared about the people I serve-sometimes to a fault. But I truly love people, and I love how I feel when I watch them wake up and successfully apply the principles and strategies I have taught them. I love what I do, and I love the people for whom I do it.

1 comment: