Sunday, June 12, 2011

Take short views



I recently read a quote by Sydney Smith – ‘Take short views, hope for the best, and trust God.’ Here are my thoughts about that quotation…

TAKE SHORT VIEWS

By taking short views I am reminded of the need to take each day, one day at a time. I am a proponent of having long term goals and I do have yearly goals and those that stretch ahead into the next 5 and 10 years and even to the day that I am in my eightieth year.

But when it comes to each day I have found that the simple process of writing the numbers one through six on each day in my diary and then by writing down the 6 most important things that I need to do that day, to propel me forward in my life and business, are all that it takes. As I complete each asssigned task I tick them off. If any don’t get done that day they are then transferred to the next.

By doing the short day to day activities well I can start to look back over the long that represents my life and see significant progress. Little by little we possess our land and our future.

HOPE FOR THE BEST

What else is there to hope for? But yes there have been times in my life when I have landed in the depths of despair. I have known what it is to look at a life that lies ahead of me and wonder if anything is ever going to change.

But from deep within has arisen HOPE. And that hope was and is the anchor of my soul. It is the light that reached down into the darkness. It is the hope that plucked me up and out of the mirey clay. It is that hope that renewed my hope and transported me from where I was to where I am now – which was my unknown future.

Hang on to hope. Hold tight to your dream. View your vision and hope for nothing less than the best.

TRUST GOD

Although I have questioned Him I have never lost my trust in Him. God is trustworthy. And even when we doubt His ways, He never loses His faith in us. He loves us. He secures us. He turns our darkness into light and our despair into hope. He takes our poverty and restores the richness in our life. He is ever faithful when others let us down.

Turn to Him and you will never be disappointed. This is the testimony of my life and I know that He is true to his word – for He says that he will never leave me nor forsake me. He will not, He will not, He will not. He has not!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment